What is PIA?
PIA is Adétikopé Industrial Platform. The Industrial Platform of Adetikopé (PIA) is a public-private partnership between the Republic of Togo and Arise Integrated Industrial Platforms (IIP). Arise IIP will develop, finance, build, and manage this industrial platform, which is dedicated to enabling the processing of Togo’s own natural resources and agricultural exports. As such, the zone will ensure that raw products are transformed in Togo and generate considerable added value prior to export and in terms of employment.
How is PIA related with Olam and Arise?
PIA is a public-private partnership between the Republic of Togo and Arise Integrated Industrial Platforms (IIP). Arise Integrated Industrial Platforms is the strategic joint-venture between Olam and Africa Finance Corporation. It develops ecosystems designed to make Africa tap its full potential. We identify opportunities in commercial and industrial value chains across the continent and we design, finance, build and operate the infrastructure necessary for business development and the realization of their potential.
Which are the nearest city, port and airport to PIA?
PIA is approximately 22km from national capital Lomé city center and about 24 km from International airport. The distance from PIA to the Lomé seaport is approximately 27 km.
Is the land in PIA sold or leased?
As it is under government concession, the land cannot be sold, and PIA passes the same concession to the investors as a Lease Agreement.
What is the government policy (free hold or lease) for land in PIA?
Both are possible. But some authorizations are required for strangers.
What kind of companies can register at PIA? What should be their activities?
Companies that can register on PIA operate in the following sectors:
- Cotton and textile (ginning & spinning, weaving, dyeing & finishing, garmenting);
- Wood (sawn wood, veneer, plywood, furniture);
- FMCG goods (pasta, tomato puree, chewing gum);
- Pharmaceutical (injectable, packaged medicines, generic medicines);
- Agro-processing (soybean, rice, coffee, cocoa, maize, sesame, peanuts, mango, pineapple, sugarcane);
- FMCD (consumer electronics, manufacturing and assembly);
- Phosphorous (phosphoric acid, fertilizers);
- Meat processing (poultry, meat processing, Animal feed, fish feed);
- Marble (marble slabs, tiles);
- Teak (sawn wood, plywood, window and door frames);
- Miscellaneous (cosmetics – beauty and make up products, wigs – natural and synthetic hair manufacturing, packaging – sacs and bags, recycling – plastic and metal recycling, mattress manufacturing, diapers manufacturing, tissue paper manufacturing, battery manufacturing).
What are the infrastructure facilities available at PIA?
Platform will comprise of components such as an Inland Container Depot, Truck Terminal, Warehouses, Commercial and Residential Buildings and dedicated Industrial land with an access to consistent and reliable power, water, waste treatment, telecommunication and other utilities and services. PIA also offers access to additional warehouses close to the zone allowing industries with secure storage facility.